Welcome to Villa Emilia (My Woodland Garden), a photography blog with a slant towards gardening and nature. An amateur gardener and photographer, I hope to share beautiful moments with you through pictures. Let me know if you like them! ❤

Thank you for your visit.

21.12.2014

Colours and wishes


Happy Fourth Sunday of Advent!



There weren't these wonderful self striping yarns, when I was young. :)  Had there been, I would have loved knitting even more than I did. One year I gave hand-knitted pullovers for Christmas to all the nearest family members. Nowadays I think that since you can find beautiful knit garments for sale, at a reasonable price, the handmade is not worth the pain in my old, aching shoulders. I do, however, also notice the health benefits (preventing and managing stress, improving your concentration) knitting provides. It, along with other forms of needlework, is highly addictive. You know: “Just one more row...”



Nowadays I knit only small items, socks, mittens, caps, and scarves. Using a self striping sock yarn, knitting stripy socks is great fun:



The yarn above is 75 % wool and 25 % polyamide. Sock yarns often contain some synthetic material, considered essential for durability. The one below is 100% acrylic:



The acrylic ones I use for other projects. Photos will be posted at some indefinite time in the future. :)



 Yarn-binging again!



Linking up with Judith for Mosaic Monday.






Dear visitors from all over the world,
and - especially - dear, dear members/followers and commenters,
I will post my Christmas greetings to you on the 24th, before a short "Christmas break". 
Just to be on the safe side, however, with this pretty card 
(from http://www.crosscards.com/cards/holidays/christmas/merry-christmas-lights.html),

I wish you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas and a Joyful New Year!





16 kommenttia:

  1. Bring on the yarn! Very pretty colours. Merry Merry!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Very colorful post.. The yarn and colors are so pretty. I love the striped socks..Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    VastaaPoista
  3. Don't you love all the colorful yarn! It makes me want to crochet just to enjoy the color. I think you're right about handwork helping with concentration and a release of stress. I love it. Thank you for the Christmas greetings and wishing you also a blessed Christmas.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Such colourful yarn, and I love the socks you knitted. When my parents were alive, my dad only wore socks that my mother had knitted and he liked bright colours!
    Thank you for linking to Mosaic Monday and a Merry Christmas to you across the miles. Enjoy your family celebrations Sara.

    VastaaPoista
  5. Gorgeous socks!!! Well done!!! They look so comfortable and warm!!! WOW!! Merry Christmas!!! Cathy

    VastaaPoista
  6. I love pretty yarn and hand knitted socks! My daughter in law made me some with a pretty hot pink color. I love them! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Hugs, Diane

    VastaaPoista
  7. Kutkuttavan ihania lankoja - noista on varmasti ihana neuloa!
    Suloista ja lämpöistä joulunaikaa sinulle!!

    VastaaPoista
  8. Beautiful colors...Merry Christmas!

    VastaaPoista


Thank you for your comment! It is very much appreciated.
It may take awhile, but I will always visit you back.

Kiitos kommentistasi!

Grazie del tuo commento!