Welcome to Villa Emilia (My Woodland Garden), a photography blog with a slant towards gardening and nature. An amateur gardener and photographer, I hope to share beautiful moments with you through pictures. Let me know if you like them! ❤

Thank you for your visit.

26.9.2014

The first snow


In Eastern Finland, the first snow fell this year as early as in September.  The snow was very wet, but it did stay on the ground for one, two days. These waterbirds were photographed through our living-room window. I believe they were gathering together before their autumn migration, and I certainly didn't want to disturb them.




Speaking of snow, this book is a must for all lovers of snowflakes:




The Snowflake. Winter's Secret Beauty, text by Kenneth Libbrecht and photography by Patricia Rasmussen.